CHO – Chief Happiness Officer Seminar
9 October 2018 - 13 October 2018
This course focuses on developing skills that are necessary for personal and professional satisfaction. Students will increase their sense of well-being by learning and applying scientifically tested models and practices for enhancing social connections, resilience, kindness, and self-awareness in business. This course will be highly interactive and active participation is expected. Course methodology is experiential with interactive videos, small group sharing, role-playing, in-class exercises, and large group discussions.
- Identify the major theories of happiness, and the relationship between behavior, and positive professional/personal experiences, and well-being.
- Identify major concepts, issues, and questions of happiness, e.g., How can you become more engaged by your life and the world around you? How can you help build a positive business community and what would it look like? What is life’s ultimate meaning and how can you align it to your professional development?
- Understand what supports and creates well-being in and out of the workplace.
- Create conditions for co-workers and clients that nurture a life worth living.
- Practice evidence-based experiential activities that create and sustain positive emotions and desired experiences.
- Develop and implement a project aimed at promoting personal and organizational well-being based on tested happiness tools and strategies.
- Identify stressors that are affecting work performance and learn strategies to effectively cope with them.
- Use own talents and virtues to augment their happiness and positively influence the well-being of the individuals—clients, peers, stakeholders, superiors and subordinates—you will be interacting with on a daily basis.
- Apply evidence-based strategies to increase your quality of life and that of your firm/organization.
- Integrate resiliency techniques to face personal and professional challenges more effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the multifaceted dimensions of happiness and how they relate to personal and interpersonal exchanges.
- Develop a well-being strategy that increases the overall professional and personal quality of life.
This course uses a highly experiential format. Students will be offered opportunities to increase their level of personal and professional well-being by being exposed to exercises, procedures and tools geared towards personal and organizational happiness, perfecting behavioral and communication skills, and achieving a resilient, mindful, and compassionate management style. The instructor will use group techniques, interactive videos, and other in-class activities tested with different audiences around the world to achieve this course objectives.